This standard is intended for use by electric utility personnel, contractors, inspectors, and those interested in the impact of corrosion on the above-grade sections of transmission, distribution, and substation steel structures. It provides requirements to:
(1) help utilities identify structures that may be at a high risk for above-grade corrosion;
(2) inspect the selected structures;
(3) categorize the condition of structures based on corrosion degradation;
(4) prioritize structures requiring additional inspection based on those findings; and
(5) help identify next steps as required.
This standard is limited to the inspection and assessment of steel transmission towers, poles, distribution poles, and substation structures, including galvanized and painted mild steel structures, as well as other similar structures.
- Number of Pages:
- File Size:
- 1 file , 340 KB