The long awaited PTC 19.3 TW-2010 is a completely new standard that establishes the practical design considerations for thermowell installations in power and process piping. This code is an expanded version of the thermowell section contained in the PTC 19.3-1974, and incorporates the latest theory in the areas of natural frequency, Strouhal frequency, in-line resonance and stress evaluation.
ASME responded to changing industry demands for a more comprehensive set of thermowell evaluations. Key enhancements over the 1974 edition include:
- Expanded coverage for thermowell geometry;
- Natural frequency correction factors for mounting compliance, added fluid mass, and sensor mass;
- Consideration for partial shielding from flow,
- Intrinsic thermowell damping;
- Steady state and dynamic stress evaluations;
- Improved allowable fatigue limit definition.
PTC 19.3 has been the standard used by piping designers since it’s release and has been highly successful in the industry. The new, expanded PTC 19.3 TW edition–developed by end users and manufacturers–builds on decades of industry and research data to make it the new worldwide authority for thermowell design safety.
Intended for piping designers, instrument engineers, instrument designers and plant I/C engineers/designers, plant engineers, plant safety engineers, process engineers, thermowell manufacturers, instrument manufacturers, anyone who assembles thermowell bids or design specifications, and regulatory agencies.
- ANSI Approved
- Number of Pages:
- File Size:
- 1 file , 1.3 MB