This international standard specifies the requirements for a series of compact steel gate, globe and check valves for petroleum and natural gas industry applications.
It is applicable to valves of:
- nominal pipe sizes NPS 1/4, NPS 3/8, NPS 1/2, NPS 3/4, NPS 1, NPS 1 1/4, NPS 1 1/2, NPS 2, NPS 2 1/2, NPS 3, and NPS 4;
- corresponding to nominal sizes DN 8, DN 10, DN 15, DN 20, DN 25, DN 32, DN 40, DN 50, DN 65, DN 80, and DN 100.
It is also applicable to pressure designations of Class 150, Class 300, Class 600, Class 800 and Class 1500.
Class 800 is not a listed class designation, but is an intermediate class number widely used for socket welding and threaded end compact valves.
It includes provisions for the following valve characteristics.
- Outside screw with rising stems (OS & Y), in sizes 1/4 < or = NPS < or = 4 (8 < or = DN < or = 100) and pressure designations including Class 800.
- Inside screw with rising stems (ISRS), in sizes 1/4 < or = NPS < or = 2 1/2 (8 < or = DN < or = 65) and pressure designations of classes < or = 800.
- Socket welding or threaded ends, in sizes 1/4 < or = NPS < or = 2 1/2 (8 < or = DN < or = 65) and pressure designations of Class 800 and Class 1500.
- Flanged or butt-welding ends, in sizes 1/2 < or = NPS < or = 4 (15 < or = DN < or = 100) and pressure designations of Class 150 through Class 1500, excluding flanged end Class 800.
- Bonnet Joint Construction-Bolted, welded and threaded with seal weld for classes < or = 1500 and union nut for classes < or = 800.
- Standard and full-bore body seat openings.
- Materials, as specified.
- Testing and inspection.
This publication is applicable to valve end flanges in accordance with ASME B16.5, valve body ends having tapered pipe threads to ASME B1.20.1 or ISO 7-1, valve body ends having socket weld ends to ASME B16.11 and butt-weld connections per the requirements described within this standard. It is applicable to extended body construction in sizes 1/2 < or = NPS < or = 2 (15 < or = DN < or = 50) and pressure designations of Class 800 and Class 1500, and to bellows and bellows assembly construction as may be adaptable to gate or globe valves in sizes 1/4 < or = NPS < or = 2 (8 < or = DN < or = 50). It covers bellows stem seal type testing requirements.
- Number of Pages:
- File Size:
- 1 file , 2.1 MB
- Redline File Size:
- 2 files , 3.9 MB
- Product Code(s):
- C60209C, C60209R, C60209, C60209R, C60209, C60209C, C60209C, C60209R, C60209
- This product is unavailable in Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria